From Part 3:
“What if the rug pulled out from under you was really a magic carpet ride designed by God?”
I consider one phase of my career as a 9-year “staging area” that God was using to prepare me for what would happen next. I couldn’t understand “how I got here” or why I was thrust into new, undesirable circumstances. I often was unhappy with my circumstances, but I sure am happy where God took me and all He has produced from those years.
Those 9 years followed a situation in which I felt like the rug had been pulled out from under me, and they led to my Magic Carpet Ride. I wouldn’t trade my magic carpet ride for anything.
- I found the love of my life and got married.
- I found my Purpose, which guides my every day.
- I developed the skills, attitudes, resources and stories to build my own business.
- I wrote a book that shapes what is as much my ministry as it is part of my business.
- I became the father of three boys, and Ryan (our third) has brought so much more meaning to our lives because God, during those 9 years, was preparing my wife and I for the fact that Ryan has Down Syndrome.
Other new parents in similar circumstances were grieving; we were celebrating the possibilities this new child would bring into our lives.
Why not take the Magic Carpet Ride?
Things may be bad for you right now. Maybe you wouldn’t wish your circumstances on anyone. Maybe despair is beginning to edge out your faith and your trust in God. Maybe you are lost, feeling alone and forgotten by God. But there is hope when you put your trust in God. Trust that He has a plan for you.
Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Please, continue to join me at The Intersection of Purpose & Now.