“How do I get better when I’m already so good?”
OK, so maybe you would never really ask this about yourself, let alone your team or your organization. I believe you could say it though, with all honesty.
I believe most people, individually and in groups, are just fine the way they are. A few people, however, want something more. Good enough is never good enough. They want to achieve more, do more, have more; they want to become more. Of these few, fewer yet – I estimate less than FIVE PERCENT of all people – are willing to pursue the difficult journey of tapping into their hidden potential to achieve greater success.
Better yet, you find yourself fully awake during the day, more awake than you have ever felt in your lifetime. You are wondering… and something just clicks, “Now is a time for action.”
- Maybe it was something you read, saw or heard.
- Maybe it was a missed opportunity.
- Maybe it was a difficult activity you faced with dread, yet from which you now feel the joy of accomplishment.
- Maybe it was an obstacle you could not overcome, a reprimand from a superior or a doubt expressed by someone important to you.
- Maybe it was the action of another that inspired you.
- Maybe you realized that circumstance has controlled you for too long.
- Maybe you just realized how much of your future you have ahead of you.
How can you turn your “maybes” into goals that you will achieve?
Whatever the catalyst, you realize more clearly than ever that you (or your team, your business unit, your entire organization) – you realize you are capable far beyond current achievements. You realize you have so much more potential to do more, to have more, to become more than you already are. But how?
This wondering is the opportunity of a lifetime. I don’t want you to miss it.
Maybe you can’t always do your best, but you can always do your better.
Everything you have accomplished up to this moment makes you who you are. Everything you are capable to achieve in the future represents your potential.
Allow your Courage to become a reflection of your growing desire to become the kind of person you want to become, to have the kind of life you deserve, and to be the successful leader you were meant to be.