No one knows you and your business better than you do. So if you want someone to show you how to run your business, hire a consultant. They are everywhere.
No one knows your work better than you do. If you need someone to teach you, hire a trainer. They are everywhere.
Yet even your highly refined ability to see what is needed is limited by your own assumptions and beliefs. Who do call on to expose your assumptions and help you and your team work through the challenges you now face? Who do you know that is an expert at asking the tough questions you either fail to ask, or fail to adequately answer when the success of your work depends on it?
The greatest creations in any field require action by people who move the endeavor forward. Everyone gets excited over the results, but the process is where the genius of endeavor occurs. That’s where the right questions get asked; once people have answers they move on to bigger questions.
The final result is a souvenir.
Once people achieve a result, they’re ready to move on. Those souvenirs are what I call IRs. Everyone – every business, team or individual that I meet – is looking for Improved Results of some kind. Some are ready to take action. How about you? What kind of IR do you want? What would your business look like if you:
- Had more time to focus on new goals and opportunities?
- Increased sales?
- Increased loyal employees?
- Increased loyal customers?
- Had more productive meetings?
- Reduced customer complaints?
- Reduced internal conflicts?
- Reduced turnover?
- Made better use of your limited time and resources?
- Had more time free from work?
- Could get past the challenges you now face?
- Achieved more of your goals more often?
What is your great endeavor?
Chances are you don’t need someone to show you how to run your business. You don’t need someone to teach you how to do your job. You need someone to ask you the right questions, test the limitations of your own assumptions and beliefs, so that you and your business reach your greater potential. You need a coach.
Why would an already successful person, team or business seek the services of a coach? Why do so many professionals focused on performance hire coaches, from athletes to artists to business executives? Why do so many people already in top positions demand an executive coach as part of their benefits package?
Why would you hire a coach?
Because you know from experience that even your highly refined ability to see what is needed is limited by your own assumptions and beliefs.
- A highly effective coach helps you see what you’re not already seeing.
- A highly effective coach asks you questions that you cannot always answer right away, questions that require hard thinking, questions that test your assumptions, reveal possibilities and lead to right action that you might not otherwise have conceived.
- That is why successful people hire coaches for themselves, and to develop leaders and teams within their organizations, and to facilitate strategic thinking and planning for their organizations.
So why not you? If you want someone else’s answers, hire a consultant or trainer. If you want to be answering the right questions, hire a coach.
NOTE: Want to hire PDNcoach? We make it simple: We Coach. You Get Results.®
Owner Mark Sturgell is a Certified Business Coach with nearly 20 years of helping people and organizations get from where they are to where they really want to be.